Moon Gate

Moon Gate

Monday, May 2, 2011

Garlic


The garlic is coming along nicely, and I think we'll have enough for the whole year this time. We just finished last year's garlic so we've had to resort to store-bought. I bought some great seedlings at the local organic farm (Shortt's Farm in Sandy Hook), and put most of them in the ground. Bill got a load of compost today, so I'll put that in the beds and plant the rest of the seedlings tomorrow. And some more lettuce and arugula seeds. Also potatoes.

I made potato leek soup with 3 leeks from last year's garden that came up again. It was a small batch- 3 leeks washed and sliced and sauteed in olive oil for about 10 minutes. Then I added 2 medium potatoes diced, 2 cups water, and a vegetable bouillon cube. Cook unitil potatoes are tender. Remove from heat and blend until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment